When you hear the word "brand," what comes to your mind? Nike, Aeropostale, McDonald's, Calvin Klein, Goodyear, DHL, Chanel, etc?? Branding is so very important in this day & age...& no we don't mean branding cows! ;) Having a strong brand for your business not only benefits you, but it's something your customers need to have more than you do. Why is a strong brand so important, you ask? Here are a few reasons:
- Branding turns a huge amount of information into an easy-to-remember mark or memo of sorts.
- If you were to be asked how many messages or ads you saw in just one day, it'd likely be a high number. We as a people are inundated with ads, products, images, etc! Many times, we only remember logos or catchphrases of businesses that we recognize...thus helping us remember to shop there, etc. We remembered the mark, the colors, the look &/or the slogan that we in the advertising & marketing business call branding. ;)
- Branding narrows down the options for decisions.
- Let's say your washing machine goes out & now you need to shop for a new one. Your dryer is a Maytag, but you also like Whirlpool & GE brands. You've now narrowed down your many options to 3 brands...which makes shopping much less of a headache!
- Branding draw customers to your business through emotional connection.
- Without connecting to customers on a deeper level than "just a shopper," you can almost guarantee you won't have a new customer. Your brand is the emotional connector customers make with your business, product, & service. Without this connection, customers can easily be swayed into going to your competition who went the extra mile in being more personable with said customer.