You go to the mail box…bill, bill, junk, bill, junk…postcard?? Hmm. Bright colors, bold font, unclear message &/or misspellings, etc…trash bin! What if we at The Mullikin Agency could give you some pointers on how to send Direct Mail that won’t just end up in the trash can?? Well, that’s exactly what we’ll do here! 😊
|Just a few of our successful Direct Mail Campaign clients...|
Czap Healthcare / SmitCo Aviation / Captain D's / Renew Crew
Direct Mail may be considered a thing of the past by some, but in reality, direct mail gets more attention than promos sent thru email, newsletters online, etc. According to research done by Ballantine:
- 2.5 billion+ coupons were redeemed in 2015
- 150 million+ Direct Mail promos were sent out in 2015
- 42% of recipients read/scanned Direct Mail pieces received
- Response rate for Direct Mail is 3.7%, compared to 2% for mobile, 1% for email, 1% for social media, & 0.2% via internet display
- Average ROI for Direct Mail campaigns is 18-20%!
Did you also know that bulk mailing actually costs less than regular mailing?? Yes, it’s true! You can mail more for less! 😊
Figure out your ideal client/prospect first.
No one likes investing money into things such as Direct Mail campaigns only to have them not be effective & cost-justified. Here are some pointers on making sure your campaign(s) is the most effective it can be…with The Mullikin Agency’s help of course! 😉
- Knowing who you want to target is the first step to having an effective Direct Mail campaign. In the words of Mal Pancoast, “The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it.”
What is your goal for this Direct Mail campaign?
- Plan! Not planning for your campaign in what you’d like it to accomplish is basically planning for your campaign to be a flop. It’ll waste your time, energy, & financial means if you don’t BEGIN with figuring out what you’d like to see happen through this Direct Mail tool. A goal without a plan? Just a wish.
Focus on the benefits for the recipients
- If those receiving your Direct Mail pieces feel they aren’t benefited much at all, they will go to a business that provides that comfort. Having offers, discounts, coupons, etc definitely helps the recipients feel you are looking out for them.
Failing to Proofread &/or Design errors
- If a business can’t take the time to make sure their design isn’t off &/or the words are correctly spelled, the Direct Mail is going in the trash more times than not. Attention to detail is very important as your Direct Mail campaign could definitely be a first-impression for many that receive your mailing. Why let them think you don’t put your 100% into even the proofreading/errors??
Drive recipients to your social media network &/or your website
- Social Media is the age we’re in. Word-of-mouth is a quick way to get your business in front of more people, but more so is social media. How many videos have you seen this week alone that have “went viral” due to a few seeing it & sharing so to have more seeing it & sharing? “Going viral” means that an image, video, etc has been shared to a number of people very quickly via the internet.
Test your market first
- Start with a small area to test the market. Run several small test campaigns if you want to figure out details such as best times to send Direct Mail, the audience receiving your Direct Mail, etc.
Assess/Monitor so to know how effective your campaign(s) is:
- Initial & Qualified response rates
- Percentage of those purchasing in response to Direct Mail
- Recipients visiting your website in response to Direct Mail
Follow-up is vital!
As you can see with a few easy pointers applied, your Direct Mail campaign can be a HUGE success! We at The Mullikin Agency are more than willing to help your business with all phases of a Direct Mail Campaign. You can trust our experts to get you the results you desire by working together not only send out an awesome piece of artwork, but also to make this process a smooth & easy one! 😊
|Another successful Direct Mail campaign client...|
Emerson Monument Company, Inc